It’s Thursday everyone! It’s time start getting you even more excited about the ‘dreaming in Fabric Mystery QAL’ I’m teaming up with Shannon of Fabrics N Quilts to bring you all! Grab the button below to help share the word with all your friends!
So, here's the scoop:
- On the 15th of July-September Shannon and I will EACH blog a scrappy block tutorial. The first 2 months the block is 12" (finished), the September block will be 6" finished.
- The blocks we post on July 15th (next Wednesday) will work awesome together if you want to mix & match blocks from both Shannon and I in your final quilt. We will each show you some pictures of the 2 blocks playing together.
- The September post will also give you setting instructions so you can combine your blocks into a quilt. The finished quilt size will be large enough to qualify to enter in the Scrap Quilt Challenge once it has been quilted (one of the challenge rules). If you don't finish your quilt this year, you will already be ahead of the game with an entry for next year!
- Each month we will host up a linky party so you can show & tell your blocks.
- On November 15th, Shannon will host a linky party for finished tops or quilts. Fabrics N Quilts will award a $25.00 gift certificate to one of the linky quilters, at random.
Since we are using our scraps, it is hard to really get a handle on how much fabric to assemble to complete your top. Below is an estimate of total yardage and color families if you set your quilt together as I will reveal in September. I can't stand firm on this estimate, as I used my scraps too. Please use it as a guideline. These will also fluxuate depending on which blocks you use for your final layout.
Yardage Estimates for Kim’s Quilt Top Design
Background – 1 + 3/4 yard (beige), Accent 5/8 yard (turquoise)
Sashing – dark – ¼ yard, light – ¼ yard (black and grey)
Color 1 – ½ yard (red/orange)
Color 2 – ¾ yard (greens/browns)
Color 3 – 1 + 3/8 yard (blues)
Check out the fabrics that Shannon uses in her quilt HERE. I feel comfortable in saying that if you have scraps … you’ll be able to put this quilt together! And the scrappier the better! We’ll be sharing the first two blocks with you next Wednesday … so see you again soon!